Recipe: Swedish Meatballs (Gluten, Dairy and Egg Free)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Allspice
- 2 tsp Cardamom
- 4 TBSP Ground Flaxmeal
- 1/2 C Coconut Cream
- 1 Onion Finely Chopped
- ½ C Oil
- 3 lbs of Ground Bison
- 1 lb of Ground Bison Sausage
- Preheat Oven to 500 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, mis the spices and milk together and stir to incorporate.
- Add the onions and the Flaxmeal and mix.
- Crumble the ground buffalo and ground buffalo sausage into the spice and milk mixture. Roll into 80 meatballs. If the meatballs are too sticky, add another TBSP of Flaxmeal. If too dry, add a little more milk.
- Place meatballs on a lightly oiled baking sheet, allowing space in between them.
- Brush Meatballs with olive oil on top.
- Place in a hot oven and bake for 5 minutes or until they are nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and transfer to crockpot with gravy on top and warm for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with Ligonberry Preserves.
- ½ C Coconut Oil
- 2 TBSP Namaste Flour (Gluten Free Flour)
- 1 C Apple Cider Vinegar or Gluten Free Bison/Beef Stock
- 1 C Coconut Cream (Canned Coconut Milk)
In a skillet over medium heat, melt the oil and whisk in the flour stirring constantly until lightly browned.
Whisk the Vinegar or broth and bring to a boil.
Whisk in the cream and continue to stir until sauce returns to a boil. Pour the gravy on top of the meatballs in Crockpot.
Adapted Recipe From Wild Idea Buffalo.