- 1 TBSP of Coconut Oil or Avocado Oil
- 5 lbs of Organic Local Tomatoes
- 2 packages of Organic Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Organic Sweet Onion
- 2 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 1 package of Fresh Organic Basil
- 2 TBSP Organic Chicken Better than Bouillon Paste *Vegetable Paste contains Soy Sauce, which is NOT Gluten Free – You may substitute with Coconut Aminos
- 3 Cans of Coconut Milk – Native Forest is the brand I use and order from Amazon. Look for a BPA free can, NonGMO, Carrageenan Free Label
First, fill large dutch oven with water and salt and bring to boil. Second, rinse your tomatoes, while removing core and placing an X on the bottom of your tomatoes. When water is boiling, place tomatoes in dutch oven for 3-4 minutes. The tomatoes should still be firm, but the skin should easily peel away. I do a few batches at a time. Once you remove the tomatoes from the hot water, immediately run cold water over them and peel the skins, remove as many seeds, and place remaining tomato (no skin or seeds) in blender. After you blender is full, blend until rich and creamy. Repeat until all large tomatoes are blended.
In second large dutch oven, melt coconut oil on medium heat and add onions and garlic until tender. Add Coconut Milk and Chicken Paste or Coconut Amino (for desired taste) and stir until well mixed. Add the tomatoes after blended. Add Grape Tomatoes and chopped basil and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until served.